One of the benefits of attending a highly-ranked business school is joining an incredible community of top-notch faculty, alumni, fellow classmates and staff – and that’s especially true at UNC Kenan-Flagler, where our emphasis on community begins in the admissions process and continues long after you leave Chapel Hill.
The UNC Kenan-Flagler community is an active, vibrant and rich resource offering support and guidance throughout your career. We are delighted to be ranked No. 8 globally in The Economist’s ranking of MBA programs for the helpfulness of our alumni network – but we’d like to do even better!
Our network of alumni can be tapped into in many different ways: Alumni receptions, alumni club events and networking meetings, and conferences, to name a few. But one way we directly and formally facilitate on-demand career networking is through our Alumni Career Advisors Network (ACAN).
The Network is a group of more than 1,500 alumni who have indicated an interest and willingness to help current students and fellow alumni in their careers by sharing advice, perspective and potential contacts. This year, we hope to grow the Network substantially – and all alumni are encouraged to take part!
Joining is quick and easy. As an advisor, you can indicate the types of support you are willing to provide, from sharing information on your functional area, company and industry to giving advice on classes or perspective on your geographic area. The level of activity is entirely manageable – in a recent survey of Network advisors, 100 percent of respondents were comfortable with the level of activity or would actually welcome more!
Here’s what fellow alumni are saying about the Network:
- “The Alumni Career Advisors Network is the most valuable tool to leverage – second to your education – at UNC Kenan-Flagler.”
- “The Network provides an opportunity to give back part of what you’ve received from UNC Kenan-Flagler and help others in the process. At the same time, it’s a great opportunity to expand your network.”
- “Being a Network advisor helps reaffirm the value of my own education and experience while helping others leverage theirs. If the person seeking help is a current student or recent alum, it helps me to understand current thinking and approaches to problem solving while keeping tabs on what’s considered ‘hot’ in today’s marketplace.”
- “Given that a good part of our growth is associated with the School’s reputation, helping students and other alums is beneficial to our own careers.”
- “Do it. It’s easy. It doesn’t take much time. Why wouldn’t you?”
Interested in being part of the future? Join the Alumni Career Advisors Network!