UNC Kenan-Flagler’s Office of Advancement hosted its sixth annual Donors & Scholars Celebration, an event where fellowship and scholarship donors have the opportunity to meet their student recipients. More than 220 people attended the 2016 celebration at the Blue Zone in Kenan Stadium, including donors, faculty, staff and more than 150 student scholarship and fellowship recipients.
Along with a reception and dinner, the evening featured a brief program with remarks from UNC Kenan-Flagler Dean Doug Shackelford and guest speaker Margaret Ullrich (BSBA ’86), who established the Ullrich Family Scholarship Fund for Study Abroad.
Student testimonials featured comments from the following scholarship and fellowship recipients:
- Danielle Fraley (BSBA ’18) – The Bob and Mindy Jones Family Assured Admit Scholarship
- Stetson Starkey (BSBA ’16) – The William R. Ludwick Business Scholarship, The Edmund B. Ross III BSBA Endowment
- Kunle Ogundeji (MBA ’16) – The Bank of America MBA Fellowship
- Jacob Baldwin (BSBA ’16) – The Edmund B. Ross III BSBA Endowment
- Dominique Stephenson (MAC ’16) – The Charles E. Sams Jr. MAC Scholarship Fund
“People decide to establish scholarships and fellowships for many reasons, and every reason is a heartfelt one, for the donor as well as for us at UNC Kenan-Flagler,” says Shackelford. “These scholarships and fellowships help us compete for top students, provide unique study abroad opportunities and better prepare our graduates for career success. I’m happy that so many students came to thank their donors personally.”