UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School honored seven award winners at its 16th annual Alumni Association Awards ceremony on Nov. 7.
The awards recognize members of the UNC Kenan-Flagler community who personify the core values of excellence, leadership, integrity, community and teamwork – qualities for which the School is known.
“The success of our alumni is an honor to the School and the faculty and staff who played a part in their education,” said Douglas A. Shackelford, dean of UNC Kenan-Flagler. “These awards celebrate alumni who have distinguished themselves through their careers, their contributions to the broader community and their service to UNC Kenan-Flagler. We recognize them as role models for the graduates who will follow.”
Three Alumni Association Awards were presented:
• William M. Moore, Jr. (MBA ’67) of Chapel Hill, N.C., chairman, Lookout Capital, received the Business School Leadership Award for exceptional achievement in a career field, personal endeavor or service to UNC Kenan-Flagler.
• Ajit Dayal (MBA ’83) of Mumbai, India, founder, Quantum Advisors Private Limited, received the Global Leadership Award for global participation and initiative to advance the School’s education, research and public service mission.
• Ashok S. Jayaram (MBA ’11) of Mandya, India, founder, Belaku Eye Hospitals, received the Outstanding Young Alumni Award for leadership in career accomplishments and exceptional commitment to the School.
Four Alumni Merit Awards from UNC Kenan-Flagler’s degree programs were presented to alumni who personify the School’s tradition of excellence:
• William J. Armfield IV (BSBA ’56) of Richmond, Va., president, Spotswood Capital, LLC, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Award
• Michele G. Buck (MBA ’87) of Hummelstown, Pa., president, North America, The Hershey Company, Master of Business Administration Award
• Gary L. Monroe (EMBA ’98) of Chapel Hill, N.C., president, Gilder Office for Growth, Executive Master of Business Administration Award
• Charles Edgar Sams Jr. (BSBA ’71) of High Point, N.C., former CEO, Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP, Master of Accounting Award