Are you debating whether to submit your application to UNC Kenan-Flagler’s full-time MBA program in Round 4? Here are 5 reasons you still have a chance of admission in the last MBA application deadline.
- The odds might be in your favor. Fewer applicants apply in the fourth round, so while the number of total offers extended during this round might be lower, the percentage of applicants admitted might be just as high as in earlier rounds.
- We might be looking for someone just like you. By the time the final round deadline arrives, we already know which of the previously admitted applicants have decided to enroll and can begin to see how the Class of 2019 is shaped and where it needs balancing. We might see the need to add more students from a particular industry or more students from a geographic region. You could be just the person we’re looking for to round out our Class of 2019.
- There’s still plenty of time. International students might think that applying in the last round doesn’t allow for enough time to obtain a student visa and relocate to Chapel Hill before classes start. However, our MBA admissions team would like to assure you that nearly every international student who quickly accepted their offer of admission during the fourth round has been able to obtain a student visa and relocate before classes start – and often in time to attend our Analytical Skills Workshop during the summer.
- Funding is still available. Most of our merit fellowship funds are awarded in the earlier rounds, but there are funds reserved for exceptionally strong candidates admitted in the final round.
- If you don’t succeed, you can (and should!) try again. Strong applicants who are not admitted during the final round have the benefit of being on our MBA admissions team’s radar for the next admissions cycle. Applying again the following year shows that you are serious about pursuing your MBA at UNC Kenan-Flagler, and your dedication and persistence will help you stand out.
The Round 4 deadline for UNC Kenan-Flagler’s full-time MBA program is March 10, 2017. All applications must be submitted by 5:00pm EST on the application deadline date. Learn more about our full-time MBA program or apply now.
Download the MBA application checklist for tips from UNC Kenan-Flagler admissions experts on each piece of your application package and a comprehensive list of everything you will need to prepare and complete a successful MBA application.