Help us #BEATDUKE on Wednesday, March 1 in the first-ever #BluevBlue Challenge!
1) It’s a 24-hour battle of the blues – UNC vs. Duke – on Wednesday, March 1.
For the first time ever, UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School will face off against Duke’s Fuqua School of Business in #BluevBlue – a 24-hour giving challenge – on Wednesday, March 1.
Alumni, students, faculty, staff, friends and Tar Heel fans around the world, we need YOUR help to #BEATDUKE and make March 1 the greatest day of giving in the history of the Business School.
2) Donations = Points.
Make a gift of $20 or more* to UNC Kenan-Flagler to add points to the leader board. The team with the most points wins.
3) The stakes are high – and it’s serious business.
The dean of the losing school will have to wear their rival’s gear on Thursday, March 2 – pic or it didn’t happen.
Needless to say, Dean Doug Shackelford (BSBA ’80) – a Tar Heel born and bred – would rather watch the agonizing final minutes of the 2016 NCAA Championship Game on repeat than wear anything Duke blue. Help us #BEATDUKE and #SaveDoug from going to the dark side.
4) Give early and your donation will be doubled.
Members of the UNC Kenan-Flagler Alumni Council have come together to match the first $37,000 of gifts made on March 1.
That means when you make a gift to The Fund for UNC Kenan-Flagler, you’ll double the impact your gift will make for current and future Business School students.
5) Your gift will count towards your Class or Reunion Campaign.
If you’re a member of the Class of 2017, you might be considering waiting until graduation to contribute to your Class Campaign – but here’s why you shouldn’t:
Gifts made during the #BluevBlue Challenge (March 1) will be counted towards your Class Campaign and will be doubled, thanks to the aforementioned matching gift.
Likewise, if you are a member of a reuniting MBA class, gifts made on March 1 will also count towards your class’ Reunion Campaign.
Don’t delay – give today!
6) Your support matters – and it all adds up.
Simply put, the world-class education and experience we receive at UNC Kenan-Flagler would not be possible without support from students, alumni, faculty, staff and friends of the School.
Every gift of every size makes an impact – and it all adds up. Here’s a few examples:
- 10 gifts of $200 provide a study abroad scholarship for an Undergraduate Business student.
- 9 gifts of $100 provide the loaner laptops you borrow when your computer (inevitably) crashes during exams.
- 5 gifts of $100 provide access to the latest interview software to help Master of Accounting students improve their job prospects.
- 4 gifts of $100 provide the scanner you use to upload your resume and cover letter.
- 2 gifts of $75 make it possible for an MBA student to participate in skill-building activities on Leadership Day – and that’s the cost for one student.
- 5 gifts of $10 provide 500 pages of print credit for student assignments.
7) Giving back is a time-honored tradition.
Alum Jeff Tucker (MBA ’00) said it best:
“Everything I gained at UNC Kenan-Flagler was the result of someone else giving back to the School in some way. As alums, we’re really duty-bound to continue that tradition.”
It’s up to us to pay it forward to ensure that future students will have access to the same world-class experience we do.
8) Giving back increases your ROI.
Giving back is one of the simplest and most important things we can do to increase the ROI on our education. Every member of our community contributes to the strength of our brand and the depth and breadth of our network.
When you give to The Fund for UNC Kenan-Flagler, your donation goes directly toward supporting our students, faculty and programs and is applied to the areas of greatest need at the School – such as increased scholarship and fellowship support that helps us draw the best and brightest scholars to Chapel Hill.
9) Get in the game!
Whether you’re with us on campus in Chapel Hill or located on the other side of the globe, there are plenty of ways to get involved and help us #BEATDUKE!
Help us make #BluevBlue go viral.
- Sign up to be a social media ambassador.
- Update your social media profile photo and header to the official #BluevBlue graphics. Download here. (Resources>Go to the social media center)
- Share your Carolina story on social media with #BluevBlue.
- Show your Tar Heel pride! Wear Carolina blue and post a selfie with #BluevBlue.
- Make a gift of $20 or more to UNC Kenan-Flagler on March 1.
- Encourage your classmates, friends, family and fellow Tar Heel fans to make a gift to UNC Kenan-Flagler on March 1 to help us #BEATDUKE.
On campus? Join us for a special #BluevBlue event on Wednesday, March 1 from 12:00–2:00pm in Latané Plaza.
Local food trucks PhoNomenal Dumpling – co-owned by alum Sophia Woo (BSBA ’10, MAC ’11) – and American Meltdown will be serving up great lunchtime eats. We’ll also have a DJ, lawn games, a raffle, a knockout basketball tournament, remarks from Dean Doug Shackelford and student leaders, and photos with Rameses.
We’ll cap things off by singing the fight song, which will be streamed live on social media. Join us and WEAR CAROLINA BLUE!
Alumni, join us for a #BluevBlue happy hour near you.
Network with UNC Kenan-Flagler and Duke Fuqua alumni at a joint happy hour event in your area. RSVP at the links below.
- Triangle: Fullsteam Brewery, 6:00–8:00pm | RSVP
- Charlotte: The Olde Mecklenberg Brewery, 6:00–8:00pm | RSVP
- NYC: The Chester, 6:30–8:30pm | RSVP
Snap a selfie for a chance to win a cruise!
Download our selfie sign, fill it out and snap a selfie! Post your pic on social media with #BluevBlue. One lucky winner will win a 7-night Caribbean cruise for two, courtesy of Royal Caribbean.
Together, we can make history on March 1 and #BEATDUKE in the #BluevBlue Challenge!
*Only one donation per donor will count towards the point totals. Donations must be made on March 1. See website for details.